Module 2: Clinical Skills and Integrating Oral Health
Risk Assessment, Clinical Evaluation, and Preventive Interventions for Oral Health
This is the second of five oral health modules. This module covers the first three HRSA oral health core clinical competencies: risk assessment, clinical evaluation, and preventive interventions. As part of this module, learners will also complete courses 2 and 6 of the Smiles for Life Oral Health Curriculum, a brief practice activity, and a post-module quiz.
- Assess a child’s risk of developing dental caries.
- Conduct a clinical oral evaluation for young children.
- Identify relevant clinical conditions related to caries.
- Determine appropriate preventive oral health services needed for young children based on caries risk level.
- Describe different workflow examples for caries risk assessment, clinical evaluations, and preventive interventions during a medical visit.