Module 4: Interprofessional Collaboration
This module will cover the fifth oral health core clinical competency domain, interprofessional collaboration. As part of this module, you will find content on how to engage in referral relationships with dental providers both within and outside of your organization, how to develop comprehensive referral systems to dental services, and how to integrate dental referrals into the medical visit workflow. Although this module focuses on referrals from medical-to-dental teams, referrals are ideally bilateral and also include referrals from dental to medical. At the end of the module, you can complete a practice activity and post-module quiz and can explore additional evidence and oral health resources.
- Define interprofessional collaborative practice.
- Describe the rationale for tracking dental referrals and referral follow-up for patients.
- Develop internal and external referral systems to dental services based on distinct organizational scenarios.
- Apply different approaches to tracking dental referrals.
- Describe the policies/protocols for interprofessional collaborative practice.